How To Qualify:
You must be engaged, or had a civil ceremony and
planning a wedding within the next 18 months.
You or your fiance were deployed within the past 5 years to Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Bahrain, Libya,
Kuwait, Korea or Japan and have not had a formal wedding.
You or your Fiance will have an upcoming deployement to any areas specified.
All military brides must bring a drivers license or their military ID for verification.
Qualifying proof must accompany the bride on day of event:
Copy of deployment papers for you or your Fiance that states the time of deployment and location.
1. How do I register in advance? You must pre register for event. If you are going to more than one event you must pre register for each salon. You can only choose 1 gown in total. By pre registering it will help each salon prepare for the amount and sizes of gowns needed for the event. There is a $20 donation which is tax deductable. Before pre registering please make sure you meet the requirements for the event. You must bring all your documentation on the day of the event along with your email confirmation. Once approved by the salon, you will be allowed to shop. Please go to the registration page on the website to pre register. We do have scholarships if you are experiencing a financial hardship. Please email us your request.
2. How many times a year do we have events? Brides Across America holds annual events at bridal salons
across the country. See participating salons on the home page.
3. What if we were married by the Justice of the Peace and are now planning a more formal wedding?
You may qualify even if you had a civil marriage within the past 5 years and are now planning a formal wedding.
However, you must meet the qualifications.
4. I can't locate my Fiance's deployment papers now what? If you can't get a copy of the deployment
papers you must ask for a letter from an official stating the name of the person deployed, location, dates of deployement. This letter must be on official government letterhead along with a signature.
5. Do I need to be in Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Japan, Libyia, Bahrain,
Kuwait or Qatar to participate? No, you just need to have been deployed
there within the last 5 years.
6. How does the event work? If you are a bride you must bring a copy of orders, deployement papers, or official
letter on the day of the event.
You will be asked to show your qualifying proof before you start looking for a gown.
Once you are verified, you may select a gown from a limited amount of gowns provided for the event.
Each salon has a different amount of gowns and sizes that they will be giving away. Most of the gowns at the event are from top designers. Your options may include in store samples, overstocks, new or gently worn selections. Each gown most likely will have to be altered and that is up to the bride to use salon services or take it to a local seamstress.
*Alterations are always an additional charge.
Only one wedding gown per bride is allowed.
*Each participating bridal salon has a limited selection of gowns to giveaway. Once the limit has been reached the store will put you on a wait list for upcoming events.
*Gowns are given away on a first come, first serve basis. *Only one per customer is allowed.
*Times & Dates vary from state to state. Please call the store closest to you for more details.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proceeds will be donated to Patriot Rovers